What is Sustanon 250? What results can you expect from its use? What do you need to know before the first cycle? The answers to these and other questions are given in the following article.
What is Sustanon 250?
Sustanon is a mixture of 4 types of testosterone: propionate, phenylpropionate, isocaproate, decanoate. Although at first glance it looks like a fast acting injection, in reality you have to wait longer to get the full effect than with enanthate or cypionate.
Sustanon contains 3 fast-acting esters, but they are only 60% of the total. This leads to the fact that the first effects appear already in the first week of the cycle (increased libido, better sleep and mood, more energy), and the rest of the time you have to wait about 3-4 weeks.
Sustanon is the most popular type of testosterone prescribed by doctors. It is designed to maintain stable testosterone levels. I feel like it allows you to maintain maximum muscle gain on cycle from all forms of testosterone. It seems that the decanoate is responsible for this phenomenon which, being a long ester, takes a long time, but whose concentration at the end of the cycle drops just as slowly. This provides a much more stable cycle end, giving the body more time to resume its own testosterone production.
Unfortunately, due to the fact that Sustanon 250 contains up to 4 different esters, it can be difficult to choose the right dose of aromatase inhibitor in estradiol sensitive people in the first few weeks. Of course, this mainly applies to high doses: with a standard beginner cycle (500mg/week) in the first 4-5 weeks, you probably won’t need to take aromatase inhibitors.
Exact drug dosages in Sustanin 250:
- 30mg/ml – Testosterone Propionate
- 60mg/ml – Testosterone Phenylpropionate
- 60 mg/ml – testosterone isocaproate
- 100mg/ml – Testosterone Decanoate
- Faster Muscle Gain: An increase in testosterone, one of the most anabolic hormones, leads to a significant increase in muscle tissue growth. During the first 15 weeks of the cycle, beginners usually gain more than 10 kg of mass, of which 6-10 kg remain after the cycle. It should be noted that the mass gained during the cycle is generally better than the mass acquired naturally.
In addition, the presence in the blood of several times more than usual, the amount of androgens allows you to temporarily change the genetic limit.
- Rapid regeneration: Increased levels of testosterone and estradiol increase the rate of regeneration after exercise. Rest time between workouts is roughly halved. Most people can train 6 times a week with no problem during a cycle.
- Increased libido – Male libido is largely linked to levels of estradiol and the testosterone derivative DHT. During a cycle, the levels of these two hormones increase, leading to a significant increase in the desire to have sex. Also, due to increased blood density, the penis tends to be firmer and often slightly larger as well (returns to normal after a cycle).
- Feel better: Testosterone levels affect the amount of dopamine and cortisol your body releases. The right balance of these hormones improves mood, especially in people with mild depression.
- Increased self-confidence: this effect is mainly observed in people who are shy or who suffer from mild social phobia. Increased testosterone levels make decision making easier. Contrary to popular belief, it does not increase aggression levels.
- Full Muscles – High levels of testosterone and estradiol cause more water to be retained in the muscles, making them stiffer and optically larger. During the cycle, veins also become visible, giving the illusion of lower fat levels than they really are.
- Strong Bones – Testosterone along with HGH is one of the main hormones responsible for bone health. With an increase in the concentration of testosterone in the body, its density also increases.
- Better sleep: During a cycle, sleep tends to be much deeper and the body needs less sleep than usual, assuming the level of physical activity does not change.
- Beard: During a cycle, testosterone and therefore DHT levels increase. DHT is responsible for beard growth and density.
The side effects of Sustanon 250 are identical to any other form of testosterone. These include acne, gynecomastia, fluid retention, increased hair loss, and high blood pressure.
All of these effects can be avoided by purchasing substances that help control estradiol and DHT levels, the hormones responsible for the aforementioned side effects.
In fact, all cycle problems except hair loss are caused by an insufficient ratio of estrogen and testosterone. When anabolic steroids are used, their level in the body increases due to the conversion of part of testosterone to estradiol in the aromatase process.
Levels of this hormone can be controlled with substances called aromatase inhibitors. However, it must be remembered that estradiol is essential for proper functioning and that too low levels of estradiol also have many side effects.
Post Cycle Therapy (PCT)
During a steroid cycle, the body detects more androgens than normal and gradually reduces endogenous testosterone production. When anabolic steroids stop being produced, the body gradually resumes their production. It may take several weeks to return to the precycle. Meanwhile, low testosterone leads to muscle loss, lethargy, and libido issues. However, this can be avoided with PCT (post cycle therapy) drugs: Clomid and Nolvadex. These substances stimulate the pituitary gland, thereby increasing the natural production of testosterone and accelerating the return to normal work.
Clomid – 50mg per day
Nolvadex 20mg per day.
These drugs should be used at the same time.
PCT should be started after approximately 4 half-lives of the substance after discontinuation. For Sustanon 250, it’s about 2-3 weeks.